Mustard Lemon Chicken
photo by Pismo
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breasts
- Combine lemon juice, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in single layer in non-aluminum baking dish. Pour lemon-mustard marinade over chicken. Turn to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered 30-45 minutes, turning once.
- Broil chicken on broiler pan with oven rack 5 inches from heat for 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Turn and baste every 5 minutes while cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was so easy and the chicken got more tender than with other marinades, even those I use over night! Instead of the broiler, my DH put it on the grill. To quote him, "This beats the H out of all those other marinades you've been using!" Because the mustard has a good bit of sodium, next time I will leave out some or all of the salt. Thanks, Pismo, for a "KEEPER!"
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live here in Utah with my wonderful husband & daughter. <br /> <br />I've been cooking since I was a kid, but really started to get interested in it over the last few years. I'm best at desserts and baking, but like to make just about anything. I especially love to entertain and cook for others. I'm not a picky eater and will try anything once. I'm always making new recipes so it's pretty rare if I make anything twice. These days cooking has me taking on a new challenge to find things that a picky 2 year old will eat and my husband and I will eat as well. It's not always easy but the successes are definitely worth the effort!</p>