Mushrooms With Ginger and Green Chilli (Khombi Tarkari)
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, roasted and crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 -5 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- Heat oil in a wok or a large skillet. Add onions and fry them on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and chilli and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, mushrooms and some salt. Fry (stir from time to time) until all the liquid from the mushroom has vanished and the mushrooms have browned (ca 15 minutes).
- Reduce the heat, add the cumin seeds and the lemon juice and fry until the mushrooms have absorbed the lemon juice.
- Check the seasoning and serve hot or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!