Mushrooms Paprikash With Egg Noodles
Creamy flavorful yumminess! This is a very rich dish. Be generous with the tomato paste and paprika.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- In a frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until golden.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Add tomato paste, paprika and salt. Simmer until blended and heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until tender. Drain noodles and toss with mushrooms.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was very pleased with this recipe. I did make some slight changes to try to lighten this up. I used only 3 tbsp butter and about 1/2 Cup of low fat sour cream and I served over whole wheat egg noodles. After I sauteed the mushrooms, onion and garlic, I added about 2 tbsp water and then mixed in the paprika and tomato paste. I also added about 1/2 C of thinly sliced leftover steak and then mixed in the sour cream until the consistency was what I wanted. This would be a great recipe when the pantry is getting bare. If you have extra chicken or beef laying around, throw it in and use it up. Loved it and will make it again. Thanks dicentra!
Oh my, what a GREAT base recipe!! This is perfect as-is. No, it's not spicy or "complex" but it is COMFORT FOOD... First time I made this as directed, but had to use canned shrooms as that's all I had on hand (next time: definitely doing fresh). Tonight I am making this with 1lb of Polish sausage I must use, in place of the mushrooms. This is classic Eastern European food and finally, I find a recipe with the right proportions. Stol laj!