Mushroom Tart With Spinach and Gruyere
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 100°C.
- In a food processor place flour, butter and salt and process until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add water and continue to process until dough forms a ball.
- Turn off processor and remove dough.
- Cut dough into 4 pieces, cling wrap and refrigerate for ½ an hour - 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and place on lightly floured work surface using a rolling pin roll each ball to 0.5 cm thick.
- Grease individual tart tins with a little butter and line tins with pastry.
- Place grease proof paper over pastry and weigh the paper down with beans or rice.
- Place tart tins on a sheet tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the weights (i.e. beans or rice) and paper and cook for further 10-15 minutes.
- Place a medium sized sauté pan over a medium to high heat and drizzle a little olive oil and add shallots and mushrooms and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach and continue to sauté for further 1-2 minutes.
- Once spinach has wilted and mushrooms are soft remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Divide spinach, mushrooms, and cheese between the tarts.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs and cream and whisk gently with a fork.
- Pour over egg and cream mixture (be careful not to overfill) and return tray to oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just set.
- When removing tarts from oven allow to cool for 5 minutes before unmolding.
- Cut into quarters and arrange on a serving dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!