photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- 8 mushrooms (large flat)
- olive oil
- 200 g goat cheese (soft)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 375 g puff pastry (block)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray and brush generously with olive oil, season and bake for 8 minutes and then remove and leave to cool.
- Mix the goats cheese with thyme leaves and lemon zest and season.
- Meanwhile, roll out pastry to a 33cm x 13cm rectangle and place on a lined baking tray and spread goats cheese mix along the centre.
- Using a sharp knife, lightly score a border 1 to 2 cm in from the edge and then arrange the mushrooms on top.
- Brush exposed pastry with beaten egg and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved this mushroom tart with all the wonderful flavors going on. The goat cheese was wonderful with the lemon and thyme and the addition of the mushrooms was perfect. Served this delightful tart with a prime rib roast and a salad. It made a wonderful dinner last night. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, December, 2013.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.