Mushroom Fried Rice (Teppanyaki Style)
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cooked rice (long grain, white, jasmine, brown, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil; keep nearby.
- In a large skillet or on a griddle, cook onion and mushroom in coconut oil until the mushrooms release their water and that evaporates.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, and cook until fragrant.
- Add the water chestnuts, scallions and peas, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and cook until rice is lightly golden in some spots, then add sauce, stirring well.
- Stir in sesame seeds just before serving, or use them as a garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com