Mung Bean Soup (Crockpot)
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 40mins
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts (recipe called for mung beans, see note in description)
- 6 cups vegetable broth (I used 6 chicken bouillion cubes and 6 cups of water) or 6 cups chicken stock (I used 6 chicken bouillion cubes and 6 cups of water)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed (recipe called for cumin seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Rinse bean sprouts. Place first 7 ingredients (mung beans - tomato) in crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Add spinach and lemon juice and cook on high for 20-30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>