Mostaccioli Broccoli Bake
- Ready In:
- 3 cups mostaccioli pasta or 3 cups penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk (skim will work if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups cooked, drained, cut-up broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Add milk.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, thyme and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine mostaccioli, cheese sauce and broccoli.
- Spoon into 12" by 9" baking dish.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10- 15 minutes until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a recent widow and am trying to find my way in life without my DH. I am blessed with many great friends and my sister and brothers who I love very much. I love to cook to entertain and feed my friends and family whenever I can. My interests are running, tennis and working out. I have a crazy little cat named Lucy who keeps me entertained - that is her picture you see on my page.