Moroccan Style Lamb Burgers
I love these. In Morocco, the people serve these burgers with ground cumin, salt, pepper and their special "harissa" sauce on the side, in a little condiment container. The spices give the burger an added flavour.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Put the lamb in a mixing bowl and add all of the ingredients except the vegetable oil.
- Using your hand, mix everything thoroughly.
- Shape the mixture into 8 equal size patties similar to hamburgers.
- Heat the oil in a non stick skillet.
- Cook the patties over medium high heat about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on the degree of doneness desired.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Lovely blend of spices and flavors. Our lamb has some fat so I did not find them dry. and served them as a regular hamburger on a bun. Vidalia Onions have just arrived so I had to have a slice on the burger & mushrooms - Served with a side salad & oven fries Thanks Rainna for a lovely Saturday night burger