Moroccan Fried Eggplant
Is usually eaten as a finger food and side dish for fried fish.
- Ready In:
- 2 medium narrow eggplants
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Wash the eggplants and cut off the ends.
- Pare the skin off of the eggplants in strips to leave a striped effect.
- Cut each eggplant into 1/4" slices and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the beaten eggs with the spices. Add the eggplant and mix well so the eggplant slices are coated.
- In a large frying pan, pour enough oil to coat the bottom.
- Heat the oil for several minutes over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, cook the eggplant in batches, turning over several times, until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more