Monell's Strawberry Lasagna
photo by -Mary-
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 large boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup low-fat whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 cups mashed strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup kirsch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 loaves size pound cake
- I usedSara Lee’spound cakes available in the freezer section. Any pound cake will do, but this one was dense, so it was easier to slice.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend cream cheese, pudding mix, cream, milk and confectioners’ sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, mash the strawberries with the kirsch and granulated sugar. Most of the strawberry mixture will be used for the filling. For the topping, puree ½ cup of the strawberry mixture in a food processor. This will be used later as the lasagna sauce for the top of the dessert. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble, slice the pound cake loaves lengthwise using a serrated knife or bread knife, into ½-inch slices. Line the bottom of a metal or glass 13-by-9-inch baking dish with a layer of sliced pound cake. Layer with half the cream cheese mixture, then a layer of strawberry mixture. Layer again with cake, cream cheese and strawberries. Repeat until you’ve used all of the ingredients.
- To serve, cut the lasagna into 3-inch squares. Swirl the reserved strawberry topping on top of the dessert to make it look like sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!