Mom's Banana Pudding
This is a recipe that I remember my mom always making when I was a child. I could eat this all day when I was younger, and could probably still do that today.
- Ready In:
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla pudding mix or (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vegetarian vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 -50 vanilla wafers
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 (6 ounce) container Cool Whip
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the vanilla pudding mixes with the milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Line the bottom on a 9"-13" baking pan with the vanilla wafers then the bananas.
- Pour the pudding into the pan carefully.
- Push more vanilla wafers into the sides of the pan.
- Spread the cool whip over the top and refrigerate over night or atleast 4 hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is the way my mom used to make BP only she added another layer. She took this to a lot of church potlucks. This is the ONLY WAY to make Banana Pudding. I feel almost sorry for all those folks that have only gotten to taste this with instant pudding! The only thing I do differently is microwave the pudding. (whisk every three minutes until boiling) This brings back wonderful childhood memories. This is the only BP recipe on Zaar that I could find using cookable pudding! Out of all those recipes yours is the best! Thank you MizEL