Mom's Apple Pie
photo by ShortyBond
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Peel, cut, and slice apples into thin layers.
- Sprinkle very thin layer of flour on bottom of pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix apples, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and flour until it forms a slightly thick sauce.
- Pour into bottom of crust.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Pour butter over apple mixture.
- Add top crust. If using full crust, slit to vent. I prefer lattice top crust.
- Bake 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in Dallas, TX, and lived in Summerville, SC, a town right outside of Charleston, for a while. I am now living back in TX, in Hallsville, right outside of Longview. I am a strong Christian and I love the LORD with all of my heart. I sing and play the piano, and I love cooking and baking.