Mocha Latte Ice Cream
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 ounces finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan.
- Gradually whisk in milk and whipping cream.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10-12 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly; remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolk until slightly thickened.
- Gradually whisk about 1 cup hot cream mixture into yolk.
- Add yolk mixture to remaining cream mixture, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in vanilla bean paste.
- Cool 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Place plastic wrap directly on cream mixture, and chill 8-24 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring once halfway through.
- Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Pour chilled cream mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2 quart electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Before transferring ice cream to an airtight container for further freezing, stir in pecans and chocolate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note