Mixed Greens and Fruit Salad
This recipe comes from The Diabetic Cookbook. It can be easily adapted for any occassion or season. The variety of fruit and berries can be endless. I have often added grilled chicken or shrimp to make a complete meal. Hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup mixed fruit (Blueberries; Strawberries, quartered; blackberries; raspberries; pineapple; mandarin orange segments)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons salad oil
- 4 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons snipped of fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large salad bowl, mixed together mixed greens, mushrooms, zucchini and fruit.
- In a jar combine the dressing ingredients; cover and shake until combined.
- Pour over salad just before serving, toss to coat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I agree with Latchy, this dressing is fabulous, and the mint adds soooo much. The only "brownish" mustard I had on hand was Luzianne Creole mustard, and it worked very well. I used the mushrooms and raw zucchini, plus pineapple and mandarin oranges, and a small amount of plain baked chicken since the salad was for our lunches. Hubby liked it, I liked it, and i'm so glad that you posted this recipe, Paula! Thanks also to ellie for suggesting this recipe in Recipe Request!Reply
see 6 more