Mincemeat Coffee Cake
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9" cake pan.
- Combine biscuit mix & sugar, then add milk, stirring to make a soft dough.
- On lightly floured board, roll out dough into 12"x10" rectangle.
- Combine marmalade & mincemeat, & spread mixture evenly over dough, to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Roll jelly-roll-fashion, then cut into 10 pieces.
- Place pieces in prepared cake pan, more or less with 9 in a ring & 1 in the center.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons milk & orange extract, & frost the warm cake with this mixture.
- Serve warm or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The more this cooled, the more I liked it. I used Heart Smart Bisquick when I made this. I think I could have rolled this out thinner. As I rolled this the filling kept being pushed forward. So on my last roll, I tried to pick up the end and bring it to the top of my roll so the filling would stay in. That worked pretty well. I used what little orange extract I had left and then grabbed an orange instead of using milk. So my glaze had a nice strong orange flavor. Syd, thank you for posting. Made for *Zaar Tag 2008* game