Mike's Great Red Beans and Rice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, cut in slices
- 1 (28 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2⁄3 cup celery (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup rice
- Brown hamburger and onions.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Then mix in the red kidney beans, kielbasa, garlic, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil and let simmer for 60 minutes.
- Cook one cup of rice and when done mix into pot.
- Mix the flour and cold water to make a slurry and pour into pot to thicken sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!