Middle East Spice Rub
This recipe provides a quick way of jazzing up your meats and poultry. The rub lasts for up to one month in airtight container.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- vegetable oil
- In small bowl, stir together sesame seeds, lemon rind, coriander, cumin, salt ; and cayenne pepper.
- When using:.
- For every 1 lbs of boneless / 2 lbs of bone-in meats mix 2 tbsp rub, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 clove garlic or more. Spread on meat and let sit for 10 min.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Terrific flavor mix. I didn't use it as a rub but used the dry mix to season a pork strip stir fry tonight. I have black sesame seeds and they added a great look to the finished dish against the green, red and yellow of the veggies. This added a real spark to a quick dinner, just goes to prove that there is more than one way to use a seasoning mix. :D
Good! All I can say is good, good, good. I didn't have sesame seeds so I used sunflowers seeds, it turned out delicious. I made it using chicken. Next time instead of using the George Foreman grill I'll bake it in the oven as every time I turned the pieces over the seeds fell off and I had to pat them back on. Made for Every Days a Holiday tag.