Microwave Peanut Butter and Jam Bars
photo by LUv 2 BaKE
- Ready In:
- Combine margarine, peanut butter, sugars and egg.
- Then add flour and beat until crumbly.
- Reserve one cup of the crumbs.
- Press remaining crumbs into an 8" square glass dish.
- Place on inverted plate in microwave.
- Cook at medium 6 1/2 minutes or until base looks dry.
- Spread jam to base within 1/2" of edge.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Cook on medium 6-7 minutes.
- Makes 16 bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These a great EASY bars! I loved the peanut butter and jam combo. I did decrease the margarine in half which worked fine. I also decreased both sugars by half as I figured the jam was so sweet that the base didn't need much sugar. I was right- to my taste they were sweetened perfectly like this. These are great to make when you are looking for a sweet treat but it is too hot to bake. Thanks!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the main cook in our household of myself, my hubby, two kids and two pugs. When I first found this site, I was searching for tried and true recipes to spice up our weekly dinner. This site is my favorite recipe site. I don't like to waste ingredients or time trying a recipe that may not turn out, so I love reading the reviews first before trying a recipe. Like most cooks, I had a lot of magazine and newspaper recipe clippings everywhere. I moved them to a kitchen drawer and then to a binder to try and keep them together. Now, I just go to my personal cookbook at Recipezaar and I am ready to rock 'n roll!