Graham Peanut Butter and Jam Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter (can use 1 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (can use 1-1/2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups jam (can use more or less jam, use favorite flavor) or 1 1/2 cups jelly (can use more or less jam, use favorite flavor)
- Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together flour with graham craker crumbs, baking soda and salt.
- In a another bowl combine butter, white and brown sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla; using an electic mixer at low speed mix until completely combined (batter will be thick).
- Mix in chopped nuts and chocolate chips (I use my hands to mix in as the batter is very thick).
- Press just over half of the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon the jam by heaping teaspoonfuls all over the crust (this will take a few minutes).
- Using you hands crumble the remaining mixture over the top of the jam (it does not have to cover completely).
- Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes (do not overbake!).
- Cool then cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow! These are really rich, but good. I used the 1 cup of peanut butter and 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips. I think that using the lower amounts of those ingredients would make it slightly less rich and overwhelming. I made these for Freezer Tag 2008 and these froze really well. I cut them into bars and then wrapped and placed in a plastic bag. I let them thaw at room temperature for a couple of hours and they were just as good as fresh.