Mean Beans (Pork and Beans)
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb ham, chunks cut small
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In large heavy Dutch oven fry bacon; remove and chop coarsley; set aside.
- To the same skillet, add onions and garlic; cook until transparent.
- Turn off fire.
- Add pork and beans, sausage, ham chunks, brown sugar, parsley, lemon juice, barbeque sauce, reserved cooked bacon and green onions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and turn into greased 3 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 30 - 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!