Maui Style Ahi Poke
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- Cut the Ahi, place in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the rest to a separate bowl and mix. Let stand about 10 minute and stir again.
- If using frozen Ahi add chili sauce to above bowl.
- Add to the Ahi and very gently mix, not to break up Ahi.
- Place on a platter, garnish with the rest of the green onion.
- Platter tips.
- Coconuts split in half for bowls, pineapples cut in half and scooped out,save. " cut the long way top to bottom" leave top leaves in place. Save scooped pineapple for another Beachbumlahaina dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have lived on Maui four years coming from Portland Oregon out of culinary school. A career change for me at 45, from a tile contractor and fireman in Paradise, Ca and Whidbey Island, WA. I started the Buffalo Head Salsa Company in Oak Harbor, Wa. going on to QVC with my Products. I have written 3 cookbooks and am currently in the middle of "oooh baby, I like it dahs Maui" cookbook. I also am in the process of opening the first "oooh baby deli cafe Maui" in Lahaina where I live. I also was half of the " culinary class cooling show live". We are also working on bringing that back too. aloha