Martha's Classic Eggnog
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Published in Dec. 2008 in Martha Stewart Living magazine. To avoid salmonella poisoning use pasteurized eggs.
- Ready In:
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon, preferably Maker's Mark
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum, preferably Mount Gay
- 1⁄4 cup cognac, preferably Remy Martin Grand Cru
- freshly grated nutmeg, for sprinkling
- Beat yolks in a very large bowl until thick and pale. Slowly beat in sugar. Whisk in milk and 2 cups cream. Mix in bourbon, rum, and Cognac. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, beat whites until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into eggnog. Whisk remaining 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form, and fold into eggnog. (Alternatively, you can fold half the whipped cream into eggnog, and top with remaining half.) Sprinkle with nutmeg.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION