Marmalade and Whiskey Bread and Butter Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Butter each piece of bread on both sides, the spread four with one tablespoon of marmalade each.
- Pop the remaining bread on top to made 4 marmalade sandwiches.
- Cut into triangles and nestle in rows in a large baking dish.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, sugar and whiskey together, then pour over the bread.
- Leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Dot the remaining marmalade all over the top of the pudding and dust with the icing sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until puffy and starting to caramelize when the bread breaks out of the custard.
- Serve hot or warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>