Marinated Summer Salad
photo by Dee Dee
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 cucumbers, thinly sliced (may use comination of zuccini and paper thinly sliced carrots too)
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, cut into large diced pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon green onion, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh crushed black pepper (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian spices (or tarragon, basil, oregano, thyme, savory, mint, Herbes de Provence, etc)
- Mix all ingredients in bowl and let marinate for a few hours in refrigerator. Try variety of oils and vinegars for different flavors or add fresh herbs instead of dried for added freshness, just increase proportion to 1 tablespoons.
- Enjoy at your next back yard barbecue or potluck!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!