Marinated Pesto Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 100 g firmly packed fresh basil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 50 g toasted pine nuts
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 250 ml olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- Place the basil, garlic, Parmesan, toasted pine nuts and lemon juice in a food processor and process until combined.
- Gradually add the olive oil, with the processor still running, and process until smooth.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the pesto.
- Coat the chicken fillets with the remaining pesto and marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight if time permits.
- Place the chicken on a tray and cook under a medium grill (broil) for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked, brushing with any remaining marinade during the cooking.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, (such as eggplant, capsicum, red onion) and the reserved pesto.
Join The Conversation
I didn't have the ingredients to make the pesto, but I had store-bought pesto which I needed to use (Buitoni in U.S. is gf). I also had 2 chicken breasts. So when I came across your recipe, ChrissyO, a lightbulb went off in my head. LOL It turned out so wonderful. We loved it, and next time I'll be trying my hand at homemade pesto as I'm sure that's the only way it could get even better. Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live on the east coast of Australia. I am a proud descendant of two Aboriginal tribes. <br /><br />I spent my early childhood in Western Queensland and the Northern Territory. My mother was employed as a cook on various cattle and sheep stations. Through my mother I learnt to love and enjoy cooking fresh food. <br /><br />Last September, 2003, I had the pleasure of meeting JenT, Jewelies, their respective DHs and Jewelies? gorgeous daughter who was a treat to meet. One day, I hope I can go to New Zealand to visit JenT?s homeland. <br /><br />I enjoy reading cookbooks for cover to cover. My goal is to cook all the recipes I have collected in my Zaar cookbook.</p>