Margarita Shrimp Tacos
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ocean garden mexican shrimp, shell-on, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 24 (6 -7 inch) flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce, as needed
- salsa fresca, as needed
Black Bean and Corn Relish ingredients
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Peel and devein shrimp, retaining tails, if desired; set aside.
- Combine tequila, lime juice, salt; pour over shrimp and marinate no more than 1 hour.
- Sauté minced garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until light brown; add shrimp, cook and stir until done, 2 to 3 minutes. Add oil as needed. Sprinkle with cilantro and keep warm.
- For each taco, fold 2 soft tortillas together; fill with shredded lettuce and Black Bean and Corn Relish. Top with shrimp, avocado slices and salsa.
- Black Bean and Corn Relish directions:Rinse and drain beans; drain corn. Combine beans and corn with remaining ingredients; refrigerate to blend flavors. Makes about 3 cups.
- For more great shrimp recipes visit www.eatshrimp.com.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!