Maple-Apple Pudding Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 medium apple, peeled, chopped to 1/2-inch (1 cup)
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped (if using frozen do not thaw)
- 1 1⁄4 cups pure maple syrup, grade B
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 8" square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg and brown sugar in medium bowl until smooth. whisk in milk, butter and vanilla.
- Stir into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in apple and cranberries.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bring syrup and apple juice to a boil in a saucepan. Gently pour over batter; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until op of pudding springs back when lightly touched and sauce forms on bottom (do not over-bake). Cool 20 minutes on wire rack, serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!