Mango Pork Chow Mein
- Ready In:
- 6 (3 ounce) packages Top Ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, chopped
- 8 ounces carrots, shredded
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thinly
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 12 ounces pork loin, sliced thinly
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Place all ingredients for the mango puree in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Take a 4 quart pot and fill 2/3 to 3/4 of the way with water and set to boil on high. Cover the pot with a lid if you have one.
- Set your wok on medium high and add oil.
- Add onions, scallions and pork, tossing quickly and adding salt and white pepper.
- When the meat has had about 20 seconds to cook, add the cabbage and carrots and toss for another 45 seconds.
- Add the mango puree and stir almost continuously for 5-8 minutes until you're sure that the meat is nearly cooked through. Turn down the heat to low while you tend to the noodles.
- When the water boils, toss in the Ramen noodles, reserving the seasoning packets, and cook until nearly done. Remove the noodles from the heat and add the seasoning packets. Stir.
- Using a slotted pasta spoon, transfer the Ramen to the wok. Add the hoisin and soy sauce, tossing to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!