- Ready In:
- Mix the flour, sugar and water together until an even dough.
- Add the 2 teaspoons of oil into the dough and continue mixing.
- Meanwhile, put the 3-4 cups of oil into a pan/pot on the stove and set on high.
- Beat the dough until soft yet firm.
- If the dough is still not yet as tough, add another half a cup of self rising flour and knead the dough.
- Once completely mixed and firm, flatten the dough with a rolling pin (dough should be about 1/8th of an inch thick).
- Cut the dough into shapes (I like to make hearts and circles, as well as triangles and squares).
- Carefully lay the cut out dough shapes into the pan and wait for the edges to brown. When they reach a medium brown, flip the dough and cook the other side.
- When the mandazi has finished cooking, lift out of the pan and keep in a covered pot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!