Mama's Angel Hair Pie (Spaghetti Pie) for Two
This is a nicely scaled down dish for two, can be scaled up too. Using angel hair pasta makes the "crust" special. From TOH. It also freezes well before baking
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 lb pork sausage (bulk, or turkey)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- In a small bowl combine the pasta, egg and parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7 inch pie plate or shallow 2 cup round baking dish coated with non stick spray. Set aside.
- Crumble sausage into a small skillet, add onion. Cook until no longer pink, drain. Stir in tomato sauce, sour cream and italian seasoning. Spoon into crust.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella, bake until cheese melts and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Easiest spaghetti pie recipe EVER! Added veggies of spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and 1/2 lb. of ground beef to the tomato sauce. Mixed it all with 2 tblsp. sour cream and 4 tblsp. cottage cheese and topped it with shredded mozzarella cheese and parsley. Now it's in the oven waiting for my husband to come home from work and we can enjoy it together!Reply
see 16 more