Magic Tomato Soup
Like magic you can change an old boring can of tomato soup into an instant win. Your guests will be amazed your soup came from a can and not a 5 star restaurant with this easy recipe. You can tell them it was magic ;P
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 10 ounces heavy whipping cream (1 can)
- 10 ounces milk (1 can)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup crouton, your favorite kind
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives
- * On medium heat combine both cans of tomato soup, milk and cream into a medium sized pot. Whisk together till you get a smooth consistency and even color.
- * Add dill and parsley then bring to a simmer while whisking the soup every 5 minutes to prevent scalding.
- * Once the soup is nice and hot transfer to serving bowls and top with the cheddar cheese, croûtons and chives. Polish with a small dollop of sour cream (optional) and there you have an easy beautiful soup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
So simple and very rich! I made a half batch of this soup which we all enjoyed lastnight. I did find it a bit too rich for my taste, so next time I would switch the whipping cream to half and half cream and maybe reduce the dill seasoning a bit. I would certainly make this again though. Made for Fall PAC 2011. Thank you Leahferne!1Reply