Mac & Cheese Donuts
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) box mac and cheese, (approximately 3 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 liter vegetable for frying, the amount you use will depend on where you fry the doughnuts or 1 liter peanut oil, for frying, the amount you use will depend on where you fry the donuts
- 4 slices prosciutto, sliced
- chives, chopped for garnish
- Follow the cooking directions on the box of Mac and Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the cooked Mac and Cheese into a food processor.
- Add egg, the mix in the processor until it reaches a mushy consistency.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray and fill each cavity with the Mac and Cheese mixture, be sure that each mold is full, all the way up to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes; then allow the donuts to cool to room temperature.
- Heat fry oil to 350 degrees F in a fryer or deep skillet.
- Remove the donut from the pan and fry for approximately 2 minutes on each side, or until each side is lightly golden-brown.
- Drape several slices of proscuitto over a portion of each donut and garnish with 2 chive stems.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!