Baked Banana Nut Donuts
photo by Diane
- Ready In:
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- for the cream cheese glaze
- 3 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- Combine bananas, egg, applesauce and vanilla in a large bowl. Combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl; stir into banana mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each cup of doughnut pan. Bake 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare cream cheese glaze in a shallow bowl: Mix together cream cheese and sugar; stir in milk.
- Dip tops of cooled doughnuts in glaze, and set on a wire rack. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon walnuts.
- 161 calories with 1 TBS glaze and nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!