photo by MsPia
- Ready In:
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 onions, sliced into thin crescents
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine
- water for cooking pasta
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- fresh ground pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Brown garlic in olive oil.
- Add onions and gently saute until crunchy and brown.
- When onions are almost done, add parsley and saute until limp.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, beat eggs, cheese, and basil together.
- Drain pasta and place in serving bowl.
- Fold egg mixture into hot pasta.
- Add onion mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle with pepper and top with additional parsley, basil and Parmesan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really enjoyed this, simple and delicious! Served with parmesan and plenty of ground pepper, excellent, I used spaghetti but would enjoy this also with linguine, might try that next time. You could add to this simple dish (salmon springs to mind), but personally, I found it perfect as is.<br/>Thanks, Chocolatl!
Wow! I asked in Community for non-tomato pasta sauces. This came recommended. My DS loves Carbonara, requests it for his birhtday dinner, but this recipe has changed his mind. This is wonderful as directed. This was super easy to make, tastes fabulous. Leftovers are awesome! Thanks to whoever suggested this to me!