Luby's Cinnamon Rolls
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water (110 F.)
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- For rolls, in large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add eggs and butter.
- Using dough hook of electric mixer, beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sugar, dry milk, and salt. Mix well.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing until dough begins to pull away from side of bowl.
- Lightly grease top of dough with oil.
- Cover loosely and let rise in warm place 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Punch dough down.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface to form 10 ½ x 8” rectangle.
- For filling, spread butter over dough.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over butter.
- Sprinkle with raisins, pecans, and marshmallows.
- Roll up tightly starting at long edge. Pinch dough to seal seam.
- Cut into 1 ½” pieces.
- Place cut sides up on baking sheet.
- Let rise in warm place for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- For icing, whisk together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The little cutie here is Martha, the sweet lady I was blessed to have worked with for two years. Martha passed away on 12/3/08. Martha and I would ride endlessly during the holidays, and she would sing carols and laugh and just enjoy it so much. I know this holiday season, she will be with her brother, son and mother and finally be "home". Martha, I still love you more. ******* I'm a simple girl, born of good stock. I'm the mamma of two spoiled tuxedo cats: Beauregard and Patches (the one who's been drinking eggnog). They love cuddling together, and this picture is taken on my hall steps. I'm a firm believer in LOA. I need to get more dedicated to daily practice. Below is a film that explains it, and is wonderful. I highly recommend it. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* This is Beau enjoying his computer. He's quite good at deleting messages, making the desktop disappear (as is his brother). Their path to the window is over my keyboard. <IMG SRC="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/126104/PuterCat.jpg"> This is Patches, planning his strategy to keep me awake, but cuddling his sock baby and trying to be cute to throw me off. <IMG SRC="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/126104/RugRat.jpg"> Beau works a long week. He's relaxing finally, after a beer. <IMG SRC="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/126104/StickUp.jpg">mnhj BTW, "mnhj" means "I just walked across our keyboard once again and left you a present." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ I'm trying to figure out my new rating system. As of 10/1/06, this is how I'll rate recipes. I will be changing some previous reviews. 5*~~Outstanding recipe--the best of the best here. 4*~~Something I find delicious; will make often; would serve to guests. 3*~~Something I might fix again; enjoyed; needed something added before I try again 2*~~Something I could finish, but would never try again, regardless of additions or subtractions 1*~~Could not finish it; would not even make possums suffer with this (I haven't found many of these--only one of my own that I grabbed from the internet!!) <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg">