Low Carb Grilled Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup flour (for dredging)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3⁄4 3/4 cup walnuts or 3/4 cup pecans
- 2 2 tablespoons thyme or 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 beefsteak tomato (sliced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 8 slices havarti cheese or 8 slices provolone cheese
- Set up three plates or shallow bowls and fill one with the flour, one with the eggs, and one with the ground nuts and herbs.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season each slice of tomato with salt and pepper, then sandwich each slice between two slices of cheese. Carefully toss each bundle in the flour, then the egg and then the ground nuts to coat.
- Place each bundle into the skillet and cook until the nuts are golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2-3 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY