Low-Cal Low-Fat Apple Dessert
- Ready In:
- 5 apples, any kind
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup torani sugar-free caramel syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water, approximate
- 8 tablespoons fat-free cool whip (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel core and slice each apple.
- Place 1 apple into a blender and blend, adding enough water to make a juice consistency.
- Pass this apple/water mixture through a strainer and into another container so you get apple juice which is not grainy.
- Add the splenda and caramel syrup to the apple/water mixture. Toss apples with liquid and bake for about 25 minutes or until tender.
- Each serving can be topped with 2 tablespoons fat free cool whip (15 cals) if desired. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I gave this 4 stars. I made this for PAC Spring 2008. My family really loved this recipe. It was so good. I thought this tasted like a caramel apple or caramel apple pie without the crust. I used Golden Delicious apples and they tasted so great in this recipe. I made a change to the recipe according to what I had on hand. I used Smucker's Caramel Syrup. I will try to find the Torani sugar free caramel syrup and next time we plan to serve this over sugar free ice cream. If we don't serve it over ice cream I will double the recipe to have more servings. I also had to bake mine for 1 hour and 10 minutes to get my syrup to thicken and my apples done as I don't think I sliced them thin enough. I will rerate this later after using the sugar free syrup. Thanks so much for posting a very yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My what a difference a good stove makes!! When I was young, I LOVED to cook. Then I got married, got my first little house, and suddenly none of my dishes would turn out right! For years I simply thought I had lost my touch. Then, thankfully, I got a new stove. It had been my stove all the while! (Burning the bottom of my cookies, leaving inside still doughy, etc.) As for my "day" job, I am a law school graduate and stay at home Mom. I am currently awaiting my results from the Calfornia State Bar Exam. If I pass (fingers crossed), I will officially be an attorney. UPDATE: I am on a serious diet! Looking for great low low low cal recipes. All this cooking has lead to a 35 lb weight increase! I have already lost 7 and have 28 more to go.