Loaded Macaroni and Cheese
photo by Lorrie in Montreal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions and hot
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package mild cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine macaroni, butter and shredded Cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, evaporated milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over macaroni, stirring to combine.
- Cover with sliced Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until cheese is lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good. I had 14.6 oz. of rotini & I was short 3 oz. of evap. milk (& forgot to add 2% milk to make up the difference) but all in all it was very good. I crushed some butter & garlic flavored croutons & sprinkled them over the top before baking - & only baked x45 min. We had enough to share w/2 neighbors & they gave this dish a thumbs up as well.
Was gonna make this in two baking dishes, keeping one for us & the other for a neighbor couple who loves mac & cheese! However, they ended up with company so I took all of it over to them (well, almost all of it) & they were very pleased with it! The recipe for this very tasty dish is very much a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!