Lindsey's Zucchini & Squash Veggie Chili
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 medium squash, finely chopped
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans, undrained (I used medium heat)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, undrained (I used the mild)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 (11 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook a couple minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash, and tomato paste. Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, chili beans, both cans of tomatoes, and corn. Add the water then bring to a boil.
- This is where I poured all of mine into my crock pot and simmered for about 4 hours. If you would rather go the quicker route, continue to cook on the stove top an additional 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Season with additionally cumin, chili powder, salt, or pepper after tasting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good chili! I used a tablespoon of Penzry's chili powder and substituted a bunch of chopped mixed grape tomatoes for the can of diced tomatoes, and used a frozen package of corn and two frozen packages of butternut squash cubes. I skipped the slow cooker and just followed the stovetop directions. Served it with shredded cheddar, sour cream, and tortilla chips. Our guests loved it. Next time I make it I will cut the water to one cup, as we prefer a thicker chili.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have been using this website for YEARS under the name Candace Michelle but when it switched over to food.com, I couldn't log into my old account for some reason. So, if you would like to see my older recipes, click on over to that member page!</p>