Rainbow Veggie Chili
- Ready In:
1 large pot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 dash olive oil or 1 dash vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can light kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans (White Beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix (I prefer Mild McCormick Chili Seasoning)
- sour cream (to top chili (optional)
- cheddar cheese (to top chili) (optional)
- flour tortillas (to wrap chili) (optional) or tortilla chips (to dip with chili) (optional)
- Dice peppers and onion. Saute peppers onion and garlic in small amount of olive oil until cooked (leave slightly crisp). Set aside.
- Open beans and corn. Empty into strainer and rinse.
- In large pot or crock pot, combine ALL ingrediants (except for optional topper and serving ingrediants). Simmer on low until heated and serve!
- Serve in bowl, or wrap in tortilla.
- **Recipe is vegan if not served with cheese or sour cream. Healthy, delicious, and full of protien!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm been a vegetarian for over 11 years now, but still prepare meat dishes for my family, so I'm always looking for new and different recipes. I'm a mother and work full time, so finding time saving recipes is great too! I'm a veterinary technician and have dedicated my life to the care of animals. I am also an avid music lover. I toured with Phish for 5 years and have lived a very "alternative" lifestyle.... I live in Virginia with my fiance, his daughter, and my daughter. I was excited to find this website with such a wide range of recipes from "real" people!