Lime and Mint Chicken
- Ready In:
- 200 g green beans, sliced into thin strips
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 mint leaves, minced
- 1 piece roast chicken
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped chives
- salt and black pepper
- Bring a medium sized saucepan of water to the boil.
- Drop the beans into the boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until the beans are just tender.
- Discard the chicken skin and any fat and tear bite-size pieces off the bone.
- Season the shredded chicken, with salt and pepper.
- Pour the lime juice into a bowl and whisk with olive oil until thick.
- Stir the beans into the dressing and then add the tomatoes, chicken, mint and chives.
- Toss and leave to sit for a few minutes, until the flavours meld together.
- Toss again and eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me and my husband in Portugal, climbing up above the clouds with our bikes. Right now we are travelling around the world on our bicycles, so I only pop onto Zaar occasionally, when internet connections and time allow me to. If I don't reply to a message about one of my recipes, now you know why! Our trip may take several years so if it's urgent, it's probably better for you to post in the forums ;) Good food is really important to me -- I am happy to pay extra for food that I feel is produced in a sustainable and ethical way and always try to eat using seasonal produce. When we were in the UK we rarely shopped at supermarkets, trying instead to favour small producers, although we were very lucky in that we lived in London and there was lots of choice. We also were fortunate enough to have a weekly organic veg box delivered to our door, filled with so many lovely vegetables for very little money. It really opened my horizons in terms of the variety of vegetables I eat. If you're in the UK, check out Riverford for a box supplier as they're amazing! When I'm not eating I love to take pictures and travel with my husband. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif">