Lima Bean and Rice Casserole
Lima beans, rice, pepperoni, cheese good comfort food.You can make a meal of this or use it as a side. Chorizo would be great in this as well.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen lima beans, defrosted
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoni or 1/4 cup chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spray a casserole pan with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute pepperoni garlic and onions till translucent add sugar till melt.
- Add beans and cheese mix together.
- season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Toss into prepared dish.
- Dot with butter, cover and bake 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION