Lighter Lemon - Lime Curd (No Butter)
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice or 3/4 cup lime juice
- 2 1⁄4 - 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 11 1⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄4 egg, room temperature
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, dissolve sugar into lemon juice. Add zest.
- Lightly beat egg in a small/medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly pour lemon/sugar syrup into the egg. Beat for 2 minutes (only 1 if you're using a mixer), then transfer back into the saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until it just starts to bubble at the edges. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a small container and store in the fridge.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Melbourne I live on a 5 acre property in the Dandenong Ranges Victoria, Australia, having moved from the burbs when I became pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter Alyssa. Once my daughter was born I became a stay at home mum as I couldn't bear the thought of putting her in daycare. She is the light of my life, I never imagined myself as a mum when younger but now wouldn't have it any other way. Alyssa was made a big sister on the 19th April 2010 when our cheeky little boy Blake was born. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes so quickly become addicted to Zaar as it was previously known & still use it regularly. In addition to being my kids taxi :lol: I also spend my time, reading, gardening and of course shopping. I'm lucky enough that we have the space & so love growing our own fruits, vegies & herbs, this also means we have plenty of room for animals & at the moment have 2 dogs, Max, a Jackshund who's 6, Fletcher, a Kelpie who's 4, 6 cats Snowpea, Fergus, Ginger, Tango, Annie & Cookie, 4 chooks & 2 Ducks. As well as our pets, we also have a lot of native animals around our area, we have kangaroos, wombats, echidna's, possums as well as rosella's, galah's & Cockatoo's hence the name of where I live..