Lentils With Bacon and Tomatoes
- Ready In:
- 1. Chop bacon and fry until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven (or else use the bacon fat), and sauté onions with the lentils for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and lentils are lightly browned.
- 3. Add barley, broth, cumin and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- 4. Add tomatoes and cook uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils and barley are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 5. Before serving, stir in parsley and sprinkle bacon on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!