Lemon Zest Lamb Chops
photo by diamurr
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lamb chops, trimmed
- Hand chop or use a food processor to chop garlic, mint, and cilantro. If you go a little over or under on the mint and cilantro, no worries. It just adds more flavor. Make sure you have a good grater and lemon juicer to save time.
- Mix the first 9 ingredients together in a heavy duty plastic gallon size baggie. Once mixed, pour about a 1/2 cup out of the bag and into a bowl. Set aside for marinating in the grill.
- Add the washed and dried Lamb Chops to the baggie. Seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour; overnight is even better. Turn the bag over a few times while marinating to make sure you spread it over all of the lamb chops.
- About an hour before grilling remove the baggie from the refrigerator and let the meat warm slightly.
- Pre-heat the grill on high to about 350 degrees, and just before placing the chops on the grill turn to low. The oil in the marinate tends to want to flare up the grill. Place the chops on the grill and after the marinade has stopped dripping - 30 seconds or so, turn the heat back to medium and close the grill.
- Grill 4 minutes on first side. Turn, and top each chop with a small amount of reserved marinade. Watch for flare ups. Grill for an additional 4 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove from grill and top with remaining marinade. Serve with a salad or grilled vegetables and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!