Lemon Yogurt Loaf
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3⁄4 cup lemon yogurt, plus
- 2 teaspoons lemon yogurt (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- In a blender, combine 3/4 cup yogurt and apricots; cover and process until smooth.
- In a bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup confectionsrs' sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, lemon peel and yogurt mixture; mix well.
- Add flour just until combined.
- Spoon into a greased 8 inch x 4 inch x 2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the remaining yogurt and confectioners' sugar; drizzle over loaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I do like anything lemon and this loaf was very lemony, I do agree that it is more like a cake, I made it with s/r flour that is so easy to buy here in Scotland and it had a nice light texture and I am ashamed to say! that I have eaten most of it myself, every time I had a cup of tea I had a slice and I do drink a lot of tea. It's one that I will make for my visitors as it keep's very well, and will try not to eat it all myself next time. Made for PAC fall 09.
This is a beautiful bread (more like a cake) and suggest that if at all possible do use self-raising flour (good brand). Substituting all purpose plus baking powder is not quite the same because I have tried both. Highly recommend this unusual lemon loaf - much more interesting than the well known one.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"