- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup becel margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup lemon, jjuice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- BASE: In a food processor, pulse together ingredients for the base, until well combined (or mix with hands). Press into ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in 325F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until just starting to lightly brown on edges. Let cool 10 miinutes.
- TOPPING: Prepare topping in large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until frothy. Whisk in lemon rind and juice,
- In small bowl, mix together flour and baking powder; stir into topping mixture. Pour mixture over base.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until just set in center,.
- Let cool completely.
- Makes 16 squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.