Lemon Sorbet Tart
I found this in a 1997 edition of Pillsbury's Fast and Healthy Magazine. DH loves lemon and I have no idea why I have not tried this one. It sounds wonderful.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 40mins
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint lemon sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 drop yellow food coloring, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using the food processor and metal blade, combine all crust ingredients.
- Process until well mixed.
- Press crumb mixture in bottom of prepared pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove the sorbet from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature while while the crust cools.
- Meanwhile, cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer.
- With mixer running at low speed, gradually add half and half to cream cheese, beating until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar and blend well.
- Beat at high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until foamy.
- Spoon sorbet into another bowl and add cream cheese mixture, lemon juice and food color; stir until blended.
- Pour into cooled crust; spreading evenly.
- Freeze at least 2-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish each slice with fresh mint leaves and lemon slices, strawberries or raspberries.
- The cooking time includes the time required in freezer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION