Lemon-Pepper Oven Fries
- Ready In:
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash but don't peel potatoes.
- Quarter potatoes lengthwise, then cut quarters in half (also lengthwise)- or cut in 1/4-inch slices.
- Toss potatoes with oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, lemon zest, garlic and oregano.
- Spread potato wedges on a shallow, lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for about 35 minutes, or until tender but crisp and browned around the edges.
- Correct seasoning.
- To serve, I like to squeeze more lemon juice on the potatoes just before serving!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This took no time at all to prepare--I just chopped up some potatoes and threw them in a pan with some olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and lemon peel and in 30 minutes they were done and tasty. They weren't crispy like I had expected; rather, they were soft, but the collection of different flavors went well together. A very easy and very satisfying dish.